Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just a BOWL full of Sugar helps the medicine go down.

Taking naps and sleeping when I want are two of my favorite things. I would say, they’re goodies for sure. But, one thing that’s a million times better is watching my most beloved Ohio State Buckeyes play. And a couple of nights ago when OSU was in the Sugar Bowl, I definitely did not partake in naps or sleeping. So I would have written about this yesterday, but since I only got four hours of sleep the night of the game, I definitely hit the hay very shortly after getting home from work.

What a game! It was full of excitement, drama and much more. Not only did we win the game, the curse of losing to SEC games (from 1978 until a couple of days ago) was a great relief. I am so thankful that we have a talented team and coaching staff. The only bad part was that my favorite player, Chimdi Chekwa, was seriously injured. Chimdi, Chimdi Chekwa WE LOVE YOU! (to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang --- which was the original reason I started to love Chimdi).

Chimdi, Chimdi Chekwa we love you!
Photo: Fred Squillante, Columbus Dispatch
I have to admit (as anyone who has talked to me recently knows), I was very, very sad to not attend the game in New Orleans. I am thankful, though, to have great friends to enjoy the game with in Buckeye Nation Headquarters – Columbus, Ohio.

So I guess college football is pretty much over, which is a real bummer. The time has come to take a break from Coach Tressel, Herbie and Brent, Brutus, TBDBITL and all the rest of the characters. If you're like me, though, college football is probably on your mind most of the year.

Aside from our guys playing very well, here is a list of 10 of my favorite footie ball memories from this year.

In no particular order:

1 – Going to several games with baby bro.
2 – Walking all the way from my apartment in Grandview to the Shoe (it’s pretty far)
3 – WNCI songs (Lane Ave, Brutus Buckeye and all the rest)
4 – Booze-oculars (Rose)
5 – Searching for amazing parking spots.
6 – Learning how the scalpers work – don’t trust them people!
7 – Bdubs, the Thirsty and more pregaming
8 – When we beat M*ch*g*n. Again.
9 – Wearing my #5 jersey every Saturday (pretty much)
10 – Delicious stadium dogs.

GO BUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment