Monday, January 3, 2011

Sew what, who cares? (in the voice of Joy Behar)

I am so excited to finally start my much talked about blog. The title of this first entry has many meanings. First, who cares about my blog? Second, this blog will document tonight's sewing mishaps. And third, who doesn't love the SNL version of Joy?

I'm into a lot of things and have lots of weird and funny stuff that takes place! As of now, I don't think my blog will really have a theme, other than stuff that I find to be interesting, funny, cool or whatever else. I hope you'll enjoy it.

So (sew), for my first entry, I had lots of thoughts. These included things like, "My Car is Not a Mom Car," "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep" and "Lucky Horseshoes," to name a few. By the way, I hope to get back to these later. But tonight's sewing adventures proved to be quite the ordeal, so I feel it's deserving of my first blog post.

I now love etsy. com. The cutest things are on there and as a result, I got inspired to create some things. Last Christmas I was given a sewing machine and thought today would be the perfect time to get it out (for the second time only) and make some treasures.

My kitchen window, until this evening, boasted a piece of fabric clipped to a tension rod as a curtain. I took it down, cut it in half, sewed it a little and voila! Magnificent!

A visit to my shelf of scraps yielded the perfect sized piece of fabric for my next project -- a slipper bag! After sitting on my floor for a while plotting the project in my head (I dislike patterns, too confusing), I was ready to go. All was well until the dreaded, evil bobbin decided to pull a prank. I screwed around with it for a while but ultimately gave up for the evening. I will try again soon. Oh well, so what, who cares.

Now I am going to go plan my outfit for tomorrow. It's the Sugar Bowl and a special outfit will be needed for this occasion. Maybe my OSU jersey under a blazer? haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment